ask us a question on permitted development           Permitted Development England
How to build a home extension  without Planning Permission using your PD rights - Oct. 1st 2008



Home Page About Us FAQ Advertise on this site Disclaimer Privacy Contact Us Site Map

Summary of the latest Permitted Development changes - May 30th 2013. 

Temporary Uses

Temporary Use as a School Building [Part 4, Class C]

This new class allows the use of any building and land within its curtilage as a state funded school – including an academy - for a single academic year. The use must be approved by the Secretary of State for Education; the SoS must advise the LPA of his/her approval; it can only be used once for any particular site; and it does not confer an ability to move to another Class D1 use without consent.

After the expiry of the temporary period, the site must revert to its previous lawful use. A building permitted under this class will also benefit from GPDO Part 32 rights - relating to extensions and hardstanding - during the temporary period.



























































































 Latest permitted development changes PD May 2013 summary