ask us a question on permitted development           Permitted Development England
How to build a home extension  without Planning Permission using your PD rights - Oct. 1st 2008



Home Page About Us FAQ Advertise on this site Disclaimer Privacy Contact Us Site Map

Permitted Development Householder - Oct. 1st 2008.

The revised permitted development rules apply to all homeowners. This latest wording of the permitted development affects all householders. To ensure that you comply read this website thoroughly for an initial determination, check out the various links to external sources of information and then go see your friendly and helpful Planning Department.

Most Councils within the ‘shires for example have formulated approaches that you can utilise for a fee while most of the London Councils are still having ‘Life on Mars’ experiences back in the 1970’s with regard to how they treat you the paying tax payer and customer. To many Local Authorities, Householder Permitted Development is seen as a nasty loosening of their controls and they will go out of their way to be officious, unhelpful and deliberately obstructive in their interpretation of the permitted development criteria until such time when case law & appeal precedents have become well established. This has been my experiences to date from feedback of various sources who have contacted me via this web site.

Householder permitted development for the next few years will be thoroughly confusing and tested via the appeal and other legal challenges from disgruntled clients and homeowners refused a certificate of lawful development or told they need retrospective planning permission.

Download a pdf guide for Householder Permitted Development...




The following document is in PDF format and will open in a NEW WINDOW. You will need Adobe Reader to view it. This can be obtained by clicking the 'Get Adobe Reader' link at the bottom of the page.  guidance on householder permitted development

As always, you are advised to obtain professional drawings completed by a Building Designer which can be used as part of a formal Certificate of Lawful Development application to the Council that will formally and legally confirm that your project is indeed permitted development.